Friday, September 11, 2009

First Job Interview

I finally received a job interview, and out of all the jobs I applied for, this one was closest to what I want to do: a production assistant with an established studio, owned by a major media company, that produces web shows. They target younger viewers, but I was very surprised and impressed by the quality of the shows they made.

A rule for any job interview is to know your resume well. But since I didn't really have film experience in my resume, I wasn't expecting to talk much about it. Of course, that was the first thing we talked about. I was nervous because I wasn't expecting to go into detail about my resume. But beyond that, the interview went well. It was very conversational, and they weren't expecting anyone with a lot of experience since it is an entry-level position.

Although the interview went well, I'm not sure how promising of a job it will be. It's a part time gig, since they don't have nearly as much shooting time as a network TV show--their web shows are very short. They've wrapped up shooting, and won't start again for a few weeks. The producer simply wanted to have potential PAs to choose from when shooting begins again if they needed any, so even if I did make a good impression, I may simply not be needed.

I was very excited for this job, but it makes me a little nervous how the work would not be steady. I know as a PA, jobs can come and go as production starts and finishes, but at least TV and films can provide more consistent pay.

But alas, it was the only company so far to grant me an interview. I haven't had much luck with other jobs, so I really hope this will be the one that gets my foot in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Bridal Gowns. Powered by Blogger